- User experience (UX)
- Interface design (UI)
- Information architecture
- Content strategy
- Responsive web design
- Front-end development
- Project management
- Team management
- Brand strategy
- Copy writing
- Technical documentation
- Public speaking
- Advertising sales
- Business development
- Technology training
- CMS config + admin
- Email marketing
- Constant Contact
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Video production
- Final Cut Pro
- Web analytics
- SEO + SEM
CPower Energy Management, Manager, User Experience and Marketing Operations: October 2016 – Present; UX/UI Design Consultant: October 2015 – October 2016
- Designing a new, responsive interface for CPower's industry-leading energy management and demand response platform.
- Moving product requirements and feature concepts through a complete design process, from initial scoping, to wireframing, prototyping, and front-end development.
- Helping to implement an iterative design and development loop that incorporates quantitative and qualitative user research.
- Strengthening CPower's digital marketing capability with a focus on lead generation and targeted communication.
Independent Consultant, UX/UI Strategist, Designer + Front-End Developer: 2007 – Present
- Consulting with start-ups and established businesses on web and app development, content strategy, UX/UI, and information architecture.
- Clients include University of Maryland Children's Hospital, Bethesda magazine, Baltimore magazine, Daily Show co-creator Lizz Winstead, and Advanced Logistics Consulting.
Baltimore Rex, Founder: July 2014 – October 2015
- Launched Baltimore Rex (baltimorerex.com), “low noise” Baltimore news and lifestyle content for a digital-native, mobile-first audience.
- Reached a highly-engaged local audience every weekday through email, web, and social media.
Baltimore magazine, Online Director: April 2012 – July 2014
- Led Baltimore magazine's digital efforts, determining strategic, editorial and technical direction for the organization's online presence. Led user-focused design process for all digital projects.
- Managed day-to-day operation of baltimoremagazine.net and other digital properties of Baltimore magazine.
- Supervised full-time web designer and advised social media manager.
- Devised web content strategy and influenced web editorial; managed daily editorial calendar, optimized headlines for search and social.
- Oversaw notable increases in unique visitors, online event ticket sales, digital advertising revenue, and web audience engagement in first year alone. Continued growth in transition to mobile-majority audience in 2014.
- Participated in sales for clients interested in digital advertising, including the development and pricing of packages and ad inventory.
- Coded and designed responsive baltimoremagazine.net (March 2014) and bride.baltimoremagazine.net (January 2013) sites. Created multiple micro-sites for events, and native adverting campaigns for partners.
- Built additional enhancements for Baltimore magazine sites and developed new digital products, focused on editorial and advertising needs.
National Press Foundation, Digital Media Manager: 2010 – 2012
- Managed nationalpress.org and NPF's social media presence.
- Educated journalists on new digital tools and resources to improve their storytelling.
- Edited and produced multimedia content from live NPF programs in Washington and worldwide.
- Implemented an webinar series that helped NPF acquire major grants to expand its digital offerings.
University of Notre Dame, December 2009: BA, Anthropology. Glynn Family Honors Program